Advantages and Disadvantages of Glass Whiteboards
Buying a glass whiteboard can be one of the best things you do for your office, classroom or home; they’re durable, easy to clean, and have a modern look that works in any room. Many people love the idea of owning a glass whiteboard, but they’re worried about the downsides to it— will it break? Is it too expensive? Is it worth the money? Here are a couple advantages and disadvantages to buying a glass whiteboard:
- Glass whiteboards are incredibly durable. They’re made from a tempered glass that is up to ten times stronger than regular glass. Not only is the glass strong, but the standoffs that hold the board into place are also incredibly strong. So strong, in fact, that a grown man in our office was able to do pull-ups on our board!
- The boards “outlast the length of the wall.” What does that mean? Our boards are literally so durable that they can last just about as long as you’d like to keep them! That’s why we offer cool add-ons like back-painting your board or etching your logo into it. This way, when you move offices or, grow older, or even retire, you can still pass your board down to younger generation employees.
- Installation is a breeze. Many People assume that a glass whiteboard requires a whole crew of people to get it onto the wall, and an added expense. In reality it takes about 15 minutes and requires two people.
- They’re easy to clean. Glass whiteboards are notoriously easy to clean; they are a completely non-porous surface, compared to traditional whiteboards, meaning no marker can stain or “ghost” the board, no matter how often you use it.
- They cost a bit more than your traditional whiteboard. Yes, a glass whiteboard can virtually last you forever; you don’t need to toss them for overusing them, they aren’t going to stain or streak like a traditional whiteboard, and they are incredibly durable. You could very easily pass these boards down through generations of teachers, employees or even family. They are a quality product, so you can expect to pay a bit more for them. They do, however, have custom sizing available, and can make a board in almost any color or size that you’d like. These great services help add even more value to your product and make your board look right at home in your office or classroom.
About Clarus Glassboards: Clarus is the leading manufacturer and innovator of glass whiteboards and glass visual display products. For more information about clear dry erase boards and our other glass architectural systems, please call 888-813-7414 or visit www.clarusglassboards.com.